Elizabeth L. Carpenter, MD
Musculoskeletal & Sports Medicine Imaging Specialist
Dr. Elizabeth Carpenter relocated to Colorado during the summer of 2014 to pursue her passion for sports medicine imaging as a fellow at the prestigious Steadman Clinic and Steadman Philippon Research Institute in Vail, Colorado. This was a particularly formative experience for Dr. Carpenter, as it provided her with the opportunity to collaborate with the world’s leading orthopaedic surgeons on a daily basis.
Prior to this, Dr. Carpenter also completed a year of fellowship dedicated to musculoskeletal imaging at New York University, where she served as Chief Resident during her Diagnostic Radiology Residency. It was through this experience that she gained expertise in the utilization of ultrasound as a key diagnostic tool in the performance of dynamic musculoskeletal examinations, as well as ultrasound-guided procedures.
As an athlete, Dr. Carpenter is uniquely poised to understand the needs of her patients. As a member of the Academy of Orthopaedic Surgeons, she also understands the value of her role as a consultant, and is dedicated to providing an interactive, personal collaboration with referring physicians.
- Sports medicine imaging, especially as it pertains to elite and recreational athletes
- Ultrasound-guided therapeutic injections
- Road cycling
- Scuba diving
- Alpine skiing
- Fellowship in Sports Medicine Imaging – The Steadman Clinic and Steadman Philippon Research Institute (Vail, Colorado)
- Fellowship in Musculoskeletal Imaging – NYU Langone Medical Center (New York, New York)
- Residency in Diagnostic Radiology – NYU Langone Medical Center (New York, New York)
- Medical Degree – Stony Brook University School of Medicine (Stony Brook, New York)
- Bachelor’s of Science Degree – Wake Forest University (Winston-Salem, North Carolina)